West Morris Mendham High School Choir
Current Choir Assignments:
1. "Hi My Name Is" - Past Due - Please upload a video of yourself saying "Hi, my name is ---" to your google drive in the shared choir folder.
2. "Choir Diagnostic Test" - Due Thursday, October 10th - Please follow this LINK to a diagnostic test. You will need to use a computer and a smart device to complete this assignment. If you do not have this at home, please come to my office during your study hall, lunch, or after school to complete the assignment using my laptop and iPad mini. Please follow all directions on the next page.
Welcome to Choir! I am very excited for the new school year and can't wait to see all of our returning students, as well as meet our new students. Below, you will find assignments and information regarding choral events for the 2013-14 school year.
1st Assignment for ALL choral students - Due Monday, September 9th:
1. Choir Syllabus - Click on the link provided. Please read this in its entirety, paying particular attention to the required dates on the first page.
2. Activities Code of Conduct - Click on the link provided. This should be signed by student and parent and returned to the choir room.
3. Choir Survey - Click on the link provided. ALL students must complete this survey.
All students in the choir classes are responsible for attending the following rehearsals and concerts as a part of their grade:
Tuesday, November 19 • Messiah Rehearsal • 2:45-4:00pm • Auditorium
Friday, December 13 • Messiah Rehearsal • 3-6pm • Auditorium
Tuesday, December 17 • Messiah Concert • 7:30pm (arrive 6:15pm) • St. Lawrence Church
Tuesday, February 11 • Articulation Rehearsal • 2:45-4:00pm • Auditorium
Thursday, February 13 • Articulation Concert • 7:30pm • Auditorium
Wednesday, June 4 • Senior Honors Rehearsal • 2:45-4:00pm • Auditorium
Thursday, June 5 • Senior Honors Chorus & Orchestra Concert • 7:30pm • Auditorium
Friday, June 20 • Graduation • Time TBA • Location TBA
Click here for the Concert Choir Calendar with more details on each event
In addition, the students will be wearing formal attire for the Messiah Concert. The girls will be wearing dresses and boys will be wearing tuxedos. The school owns tuxedos which will be loaned to the boys, but the boys are responsible for buying a tuxedo shirt and for dry cleaning the tuxedo after the concert. The girls will be responsible for buying the uniform dress, which they may sell back for $40 after their senior year. In order to help defray the cost of this, we will have a “Cheesecake Sale” fundraiser. Many of our students cover the entire cost of the garments with their proceeds from the sale. Click here for more specific information.
You will be receiving information about the Music Boosters via e-mail. The Music Boosters Organization supports the programs of the Choir, Orchestra, and Band at Mendham HS in various ways. From logistical support at the Messiah Concert, to concert refreshments, and Cabaret Night organization, the Music Boosters Organization is there to help the teachers with our needs throughout the year. Without the help of parents, many of the programs we run simply could not happen. I would love to see more choir parents get involved with the program this year.
Kelly Liang is the e-mail correspondent for the choir this year. You will be hearing from her throughout the year with reminders about rehearsals, performances, and other choir events. Please add her e-mail address to your address book to be sure you receive all communications - firstname.lastname@example.org.
This website will be used to post concert dates and other information about the choir and the music department.
We also have a Facebook Group in order to keep improving communication with students and parents. If you would like to receive additional updates, please join the group "WMMHS Choir." The group will have information about all of the choir opportunities throughout the year.
I look forward to meeting you throughout the year at concerts and other music department events. If you have any questions please contact me via e-mail – email@example.com, or phone – 973-543-2501, ext. 4745. Thank you in advance for all of your support throughout the year!
Messiah Learning Tracks
Advanced Choir Form
Program of Studies Description